You may not realize the real difference that a great set of specially designed tires can make on your CUV or small SUV. The best tires for CUV and smaller SUV models need to support a smooth, comfortable ride while also providing great handling. Good tires can also improve your CUV’s fuel efficiency as well as its safety!
Unfortunately, many drivers do not recognize how crucial it is to purchase good tires for their vehicles. It is estimated that about 11,000 crashes every year are caused solely by tire problems. Recent data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration concluded that CUVs and small SUVs were 20% more likely to roll over in an accident if they had bad tires.
So, what are the best tires for sCUVs and small SUVs – and is it possible to get a quality tire at an affordable price?
Great CUV and small SUV tires need to ensure that a vehicle can safely handle whatever road lies ahead. This means that it should be specifically designed for the weather, road type, and your desired driving experience.
This is why Giga Tires carries such a wide option of CUV and small SUV tires – including low-cost options. We carry many types of tires that are made to fit any budget, including some of the best-rated CUV tires on the market.
But first, let’s define:
What Exactly is a CUV Tire?
There are some differences between a CUV or small SUV tire and a traditional SUV or truck tire. Of course, the greatest difference is the size. CUV and small SUVs (also called SUVs) typically only carry 5 passengers and are lighter than SUVs/trucks. So, a CUV tire will be smaller than one designed for a heavy truck or SUV. CUVs and smaller SUVs are often built on car chassis and not truck chassis to provide a lighter vehicle and often a more comfortable riding vehicle.
Most large SUVs have a third row of seating, as well as a spacious trunk area in the back. They are designed for off-roading and towing, and often require more durable, heavy-duty tires to sustain the maximum weight loads.
CUVs and SUVs are designed for typical highway driving or touring, rarely off-roading. Some models may be rated for light towing, but they are typically not built as heavy as traditional SUVs. CUVs tend to be more fuel-efficient and provide a smoother, sportier ride thanks to their smaller frame.
A CUV tire should to provide this type of driver’s experience through great handling, smooth turns, and fast braking. You may see these types of tires called SUV crossover tires.
Here are some of Giga Tire’s top picks for the best small SUV tires:
This all-weather tire is designed for optimal performance, especially on winter roads. This CUV tire features:
• Exceptional performance on wet and dry roads
• Winter-weather RMA Mountain Snow Flake certification
• Long tread-life
• Shorter stopping range than all-season tires
This model is available from Giga starting at $120 per tire.
If you own a luxury sport crossover SUV, this Yokohama model is a great option. It features some of the leading technology in tire design for exceptional performance:
• All-season CUV tire for year-round driving
• Advanced Silica compound to support a stable drive
• End-locked polymer creates a strong grip on wet or icy roads
• Five Pitch Block Variation for a quiet, smooth ride
• 2D and 3D sipes for braking on snowy or slick roads
• Up to 50,000-mile limited treadwear warranty
You can purchase the Yokohama Geolandar X-CV tires for as low as $155 each.
Looking for sporty small SUV touring tires for long road trips? The Continental CrossContact LX Sport is a perfect option for safe, smooth year-round driving:
• Designed to reduce noise and support a comfortable ride in summer conditions and light snow
• Asymmetric tread design for improved handling and traction
• Twin steel belts inside for added support
• Polyester cord body to create a comfortable, softer ride
• Raised rubber bar on the lower sidewall to reduce curb damage
This luxury touring tire starts at $105 a piece.
The Bridgestone Alenza crossover and small SUV tires are made for year-round driving. They are rated for light snow, but they also support a smooth ride in all seasons:
• Symmetrical tread pattern for a comfortable highway ride
• Long-lasting tread wear
• Improves fuel efficiency with lower rolling resistance
• Notched shoulder blocks and continuous center rib for increased stability and handling
• Wide circumferential grooves with lateral notches and sipes to dispel water, ice, and slush
You can purchase these CUV all-season tires for as low as $137 each.
Another great all-season CUV and SSUV tire pick are the Cooper Discoverer SRX. This model is made to drive through all weather conditions, including rain, heat, and snow:
• Extended tread life with wear square indicators
• Low rolling resistance for improved fuel efficiency
• Competition-grade resin and 3D micro-gauge siping technology for superior braking, acceleration, and traction
• Two-ply polyester casing and reinforced twin-steel belts to increase durability
• Mud and Snow (M+S) rated
This all-season highway performance tire can be purchased starting at $123 per tire.
This low-cost all-season performance tire doesn’t compromise on performance. The Falken Ziex CUV tire delivers fantastic handling and performance for a sporty but comfortable ride:
• Dynamic Range Technology with a silica tread compound
• Asymmetric tread design for improved handling
• An optimized grip on dry, wet, icy, and snowy roads
• Highly rated for long-lasting tread compared to other high-performance tires
These are one of the best-rated all-season tires for small SUVs – and you can purchase them from Giga for as low as $53 per tire.
If you want to take your CUV or small SUV off the beaten path, then the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail Tires are a great fit. These all-terrain tires are built to last and support a safe, smooth ride on any kind of trail:
• High center for gravity for a balanced and stable ride
• Unibody construction for enhanced handling
• 2-ply polyester construction for durability and protection from tread damage
• 3D Canyon Sipe Technology and increased tread depth for enhanced traction
• 3 peak mountain snowflake rating for severe winter weather driving
This all-season CUV tire is built for getting off the road and can be purchased starting at $128 per tire.
Another great all-season small SUV tire pick is the Westlake SU318 H/T. This model is an all-season highway tire designed for a truly comfortable, quiet ride:
• Four circumferential grooves for improved stability and lateral traction
• Shoulder ribs and groove design to evacuate water for driving on wet roads
• M+S rated tread for mud and snow
This model is truly one of the best-rated all-season tires for small SUVs – and it’s budget-friendly too, starting at $63 per tire.
Keep your SUV or CUV running at peak performance all year long with the Nokian eNTYRE C/S all-season tire. It features some of Nokian’s patented technology for a truly exceptional driving experience:
• Designed for a long-lasting tread with superior grip on wet, slick roads
• Silent Sidewall Technology supports a quiet, smooth drive
• Full-depth grooves for enhanced traction
• High modulus tread compound keeps rubber pliable on both hot and cold roads
Purchase this four-season tire designed for CUVs starting at $62 per tire.
The Ohtsu FP7000 tires are designed for high-performance, all-season driving for light trucks, SUCs, and CUVs. This low-cost model is a great option that will deliver a top-quality drive no matter what:
• Wet weather performance with high water evacuation design
• Four circumferential grooves and high-volume venter groove to resist hydroplaning
• High-tension carcass and dual steel belts for strength and durability
• Build for high-speed stability
• Variable shoulder tread blocks for a quiet, smooth highway ride
Be sure to check out this all-season model starting at just $40 per tire.
If you like a sportier ride but still need an all-season design, consider the Doral SDL-Sport tires. These are made for safe driving in all kinds of weather conditions while delivering great handling and a smooth ride:
• Advanced tread pattern and compound design for enhanced traction and handling
• Four circumferential grooves to resist hydroplaning and improve traction on slick roads
• Hard rubber compound for long-lasting tread
• Resists wear from braking and high-speed driving
These are some of the best tires for small SUVs for tight budgets, with the starting cost at just $35 per tire.
If you do a lot of long-distance drives on highways, check out the Milestar Patagonia H/T. It is specially designed for long-lasting tread for a safe highway drive during all seasons:
• Circumferential ribbing for a smoother ride
• Notching tread blocks for enhanced handling
• Wide grooves for better grip on wet roads
• Angled grooves, central rib, and directional siping to support stability
This all-season highway tire starts at $74 per tire.
This is one of our best-rated all-season tires for small SUV and CUV models ever, thanks to Hankook’s exceptional performance. This company utilizes cutting-edge technology for truly superior tires at an affordable cost:
• Computer-generated symmetric tread pattern for even wear
• Large shoulder ribs to improve handling
• Lateral notches for better traction on wet or snowy roads
• Independent intermediate tread blocks support stability and enhance traction
• Circumferential grooves help to improve tire grip on wet roads and reduce hydroplaning
• Zigzag spike pattern creates biting edges for safe driving on icy roads
There’s no need to compromise on safety and performance with a well-priced CUV tire. You can get these premium all-season highway tires for as low as $75 each.
Nankang SP-9 Cross Sport tires are another low-cost option that doesn’t compromise on overall quality. These all-season SUV touring tires are highly rated, making them a great choice for year-round driving:
• Symmetric tread design to promote even wear
• Designed for frequent rotations
• Advanced sipe technology to improve grip and traction
This budget-friendly all-season touring tire for CUVs and small SUVs starts at $44 per tire.
Over to You
Getting a fantastic tire specifically designed for your vehicle can vastly improve your driving experience – and ensure safety on different types of roads. If you have any further questions about these CUV and small SUV tires, please contact our team at Giga Tires.
We will happily help you find the exact tire design, size, and model to meet your expectations and your budget.